We made lots of videos and attended lots of events to tell people about our project, using the fantastic clips, photos and quotes shared by our participants.
Here’s a summary of our project events, or see our Nuvoic Blog page for more details.
- November 2020: ‘Nuvoic Project: Accessible Speech Recognition’ video presentation at TechAbility, inviting individuals and organisations to get involved in the project
- June 2021: the Nuvoic Project was featured in Forbes magazine – Voiceitt App for Atypical Speech – A Triumph in Disability Co-Design
- July 2021 and 2022: ‘Voiceitt and the Nuvoic Project’ seminars for the University of Dundee MSc in Educational Assistive Technology
- November 2021: ‘My Voiceitt Story’ presentation at TechAbility featuring participant Karl Cretzan and summarising testing and feedback received so far
- February 2022: ‘Speech Recognition for All’ presentation at the Digifest Fringe event
- March 2022: ‘The Nuvoic Project’ co-presentation with participant Daniel Burgess at Oakwood School
- September 2022: Exhibition stand at the Communication Matters conference in Leeds
- September 2022: ‘How can we make speech recognition technology work for everyone, including those with the most significant speech impairments?‘ article published on the Jisc Accessibility blog
- November 2022: Exhibition stand and ‘Inclusive Speech Recognition through Co-Development’ co-presentation with Leonard Cheshire at TechAbility
- January 2023: ‘Voice Technology for Atypical Speech’ presentation at Tech For Disability Inclusive Conversation event
- February 2023: ‘Accessible Speech Recognition for Users with Dysarthric Speech’ presentation at the International Conference on Disability and Diversity, awarded ‘Best Presentation’ in its session